We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. Our frontend engineers work as a small, agile unit consulting across product lines to improve usability throughout the business. Paxos defies traditional divisions and gives frontend engineers ownership over the design, implementation and testing of new features. Every engineer, despite seniority, has the opportunity to influence our product strategy by working directly with stakeholders, helping define feature requirements, and refine usability patterns. A commitment to teamwork, empathy, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements.
Paxos uses a mix of open source technologies and leading vendor offerings to build our products. As a member of the frontend team, you will primarily work with React, Typescript, and SASS Modules for implementing layouts as well as Webpack and NodeJS to build our application.
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky – supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
What you will do:
- Help found an internal component library that will be used across business lines and in marketing materials to standardize Paxos look and feel.
- Implement interfaces for a variety of internal and external facing features taking inspiration from both the crypto and fintech worlds.
- Create high resolution mockups to test interfaces with users.
- Help to define the company’s design to engineering pipeline.
What you need to have:
- Extensive JS experience, pre and post ES6. Comfort writing code for the DOM and transpiler.
- 5+ years of work experience (as either a technical designer or frontend engineer).
- Strong, loosely held opinions on frontend state management, layout construction, and testing strategy.
- An understanding of how to leverage typed languages to improve code safety.
- Comfort using one or more Interface Framework (React, Vue, Angular, etc.)
- Basic understanding of raw HTML / CS
- Experience working cross functionally and directly with stakeholders
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
Interested in learning how we build and scale stablecoins? Join us for a live panel and Q&A on September 26 at 4:00 pm ET. Register here to secure your spot!
- Web 3.0 Is Still the Place to Be
- A Conversation with Paxos Product Leaders
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- Mercado Libre Reaches 1M+ Users in 60 Days With Paxos
- Paxos Was Built to Protect its Customers
- CNBC Crypto World Interviews Paxos CEO on USDP stablecoin
- Paxos CEO Charles Cascarilla’s Perspectives on the Current State of the Global Economy
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to U.S. Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.
Paxos offers a competitive total compensation and benefits package, including equity. Actual salary within that range is dependent upon the individual’s skills, experience and qualifications.